Josh Mostyn is a founding Member of Mostyn Prettyman, PLLC.
In 2016, Josh was appointed to a 4-year term on the Arkansas Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He is a past President of the Benton County Bar Association and the current President of the Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies (Northwest Arkansas Lawyers Chapter). Josh has held several leadership positions in professional legal groups and associations.
Josh clerked for the Hon. Brad Karren in the Rogers District Court, as well as in the Legal Department at Tyson Foods, Inc., through Arkansas School of Law’s Corporate Counsel Externship Program. He is also a former legislative extern to Congressman Steve Womack in Arkansas’ 3rd Congressional District.
Josh previously served as the Legislative Director for the Arkansas chapter of National Association of Mortgage Brokers (NAMB), and he was named to the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty Class of 2008.
He graduated with honors from the University of Arkansas School of Law in Fayetteville and received a W.B. Putman American Inn of Court Pupil Award. Along with law partner Will Prettyman, Josh shared the honor of receiving the 2012 TC & Rosemary Carlson Memorial Award for excellence in the study of Constitutional Law at the University of Arkansas School of Law.
Josh’s practice focuses on Commercial Litigation, Real Estate and Landlord/Tenant Law, and Debt Collection (Plaintiff and Defense). He also handles matters concerning Personal Injury, Employment, and General Litigation.
- Arkansas – State Court
- Federal – U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- Federal – U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- Arkansas Real Estate Salesperson License
- Certified Mediator – Arkansas Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission
- University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville, Arkansas; JD – cum laude
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas; BBA – Finance
- Benton County Bar Association (Past President)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Arkansas Bar Association (Member)
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Washington County Bar Association (Member)
- The Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies (President, NWA Lawyers Chapter)
- Rogers-Lowell Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- Northwest Arkansas Young Professionals (Founder)
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (Arkansas Advisory Committee Co-Vice Chair)
- Equal Access to Justice Panel – Legal Aid of Arkansas
- Northwest Arkansas Young Professionals (General Counsel)