W. Marshall Prettyman received his BA from Lafayette College in 1971 and his JD from Rutgers University School of Law in 1974. He was admitted to practice in New Jersey in 1974 and practiced there for 19 years as a staff attorney with Newark Legal Service and later as Assistant Director of Clinical Programs at Seton Hall Law School.
In 1993, Marshall passed the Arkansas Bar Exam, and for 23 years he worked for Legal Aid of Arkansas as Director of Litigation.
Mr. Prettyman is also an adjunct professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law and has taught courses in Trial Advocacy, Family Law, Remedies and Arkansas Landlord Tenant Law. He has written numerous publications and presented seminars on landlord tenant law, family law, social security and trial advocacy.
Marshall’s practice concentrates on Family Law, Landlord-Tenant Law, and General Litigation.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey; Juris Doctor
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania; BA – History
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Benton County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Equal Access to Justice Panel – Legal Aid of Arkansas
- Art Center of the Ozarks Board Member
- Youth Soccer Coach